Monday 29 June 2015

Avocado Chocolate Mousse

Hello lovely Glams!


When I started this blog, the idea was to have posts about food and fashion, which in the beginning it was but now I seem to have strayed away from the food part of it. I guess when I'm cooking I don't really think to stop and take pics of the different stages of the method hence the lack of food posts. Also, the food I eat at uni really isn't exciting. Anyway, to the point, I'm going to try and post more food recipes; particularly ones that don't take long, starting with this recipe!


I know what you're thinking, chocolate avocado mousse?!? Sounds kinda gross, but I have to say it is absolutely delicious and completely guilt free!! It literally takes less than ten minutes and I'd say the amount of ingredients you use is really up to your personal preference e.g. how sweet you want it depends on how many dates you put in. Its dairy free as well which is perfect for me as I'm slowly trying to ween myself off dairy products and onto alternatives. 


Enough chatter, here is my Avocado Chocolate Mousse, best served with fruit to cut the richness (my personal preference)! 


 

I used about 4 dates,about 1/4 of a very ripe avocado, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp cocoa powder and about 2 tbsp of water. Put it all in a blend and adjust ingredients to your taste, as well as water content for thickness and texture.








INGREDIENTS:
RIPE AVOCADO
DATES
COCOA POWDER
VANILLA EXTRACT
WATER


 



No comments:

Post a Comment