Sunday 20 January 2019

EVERY FUR HAS A STORY

Hello hellooooo, happy Sunday beautiful people! 
If you read my last post then you'd know I've promised a whole lost of content. Which is still coming don't you worry, I just thought we could kick off with a fashion story...enjoy! 


Lets talk FUR.
 I know, controversial. 




I've never purchased any real fur or leather products myself, partially because I feel like I've been a broke student my whole life but also because I'd rather spend money on faux products,  I think they look just as nice! Although...ask me again in a few years when I'm  a millionaire, I might think differently! 
Jokes aside, I've been gifted real leather/fur products before and I loveeee them. So I can't sit her and judge anyone for their views, supportive or non supportive of real products. If anything, I love hearing everyone's thoughts and listening to all your views.



Now. You may know by now, I am partial to a fur coat (real or faux). I'm a strong believer that every fur coat has a story behind it. Last summer I got gifted this beautiful white fox coat by my boyfriends mom. It was hers in the 80's and she no longer wore it, in fact she had it rolled up in a bin bag and hidden in the attic (My heart!) and it just so happened to be my size (we tenk God!!). Fur coats are lifelong pieces, especially when you live in a cold country and look after them properly - rumour has it you should keep them in a cold room - but I just have mine in a suit bag in my closet. I think its stunning and it is so warm. 

When I tell you this thing is warm, I mean it is bloody warm! My faux fur coats have nothing on this one. I have to layer up when I wear those, no matter how fluffy. 
You can dress it up or dress it down as well, an all black outfit with trainers or dress it up like I've done here. My jeans and turtleneck are from Primark and the shoes are from Missguided. I'm not sure where the purse is from - it was a Christmas gift, sorry! Crazy how something so chic can dress up an outfit that isn't worth anything close to its price huh!? Hahah. 

Wishing you all a great positive week ahead! 















No comments:

Post a Comment