Sunday 17 December 2017

CURRENT REALITY



Ever wonder where all the time goes? This time last year I was literally sat on my "secret" beach taking in my last few days of Miami...sigh :( 
 On top of that depressing thought, I'm looking back at my blog this year and seeing how little I posted which is quite sad! 




Although blogging is my get away, it still takes a lot of time and effort to build content. Despite my plan to 
spend the summer building up my blog, here we are knee deep in winter and still no movement. I have come to the realisation of 2 things when it comes to blogging: 



1. BLOGGING IS A FULL TIME JOB.  I blog for me, because I enjoy it and sometimes life gets in the way and I get too busy, sometimes too busy to dress up cute all the time (85% of the time I'm in sweat pants at my desk - photographic evidence to the right, laundry basket and all!) or if I do I'm not thinking about having a photoshoot or its an outfit thats already been up (Yes, I repeat outfits - thanks to my washing machine!). Sometimes I do get the chance to get the photos but then I end up not posting it because by the time I'm ready, England and it's radical weather tell me I can't! (It becomes "out of season"). So hats off to all my regular bloggers out there!

2. PRIORITISE & DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY. Lesson two leads on from lesson 1, blogging may be my happy place but I have to prioritise and right now thats what I'm doing and sadly Glam Chowder cannot get much of my attention, buuuuut in the same breath I have learnt that you need to take time to do what you love. Therefore my beloved blog, hang in there and hopefully sooner rather than later I can put you first and build lots of content in the New Year. But this is not a promise or a plan - refer to lesson 1 - its a go with the flow and hopefully the flow is in my favour! 

In other news, with all the stress and other stuff going on in my life I decided to come home early for Christmas break, theres nothing momma's cuddles can't fix - am I right!? Being home and in the country side especially in winter is literally the best! I don't do it often but walking in the fields (sadly I always miss the sheep!) is super refreshing and helps clear my head - I defs recommend. 







Sooo wrapping up this long post, which I often know what structure I'm taking before writing but not this time, I just typed my little fingers away so apologies if its random but I just needed to let it all out and thats just how these things go ahah. 

Right, I shall end with a quick quote and then its back to the books for me. 

"God will never give you anything you can't handle, so don't stress."
- Kelly Clarkson




No comments:

Post a Comment